In our experience as Jeffersonville disability lawyers, we have learned that there is one question every client wants to have answered: "Am I disabled enough to be awarded benefits?" In all but the most extreme cases, we cannot answer that question with certainty. We can, though, explain how the Social Security Administration makes a disability determination, and work with you to gather persuasive evidence of your disability and present your best case for an award of benefits.
How can the Jeffersonville disability lawyers at the Brizendine Law Office help me?
As you can see from this brief overview, the Social Security disability determination process is complicated. You may, in fact, be disabled enough to be awarded benefits, but if you fail to present compelling legal evidence of that fact, your claim will be denied. Our experienced Jeffersonville disability lawyers will make sure you present a complete picture of your disability, within the framework required by the law. We can help by:
- Analyzing the facts of your case to confirm that you meet the medical and non-medical eligibility requirements for Social Security disability benefits.
- Developing a case strategy that focuses on the facts and legal issues that are important to the Social Security decision-maker.
- Handling the time-consuming (and often tedious) work of gathering evidence to support your claim, including medical records, employment records and education records.
- Ensuring that your paperwork – application, request for reconsideration, request for hearing, supporting documents – is complete and timely filed.
- Obtaining written medical opinions from your doctors.
- Arranging for an evaluation by a medical or vocational specialist, if needed.
- Preparing you to testify at your hearing.
- Preparing witnesses to testify at your hearing.
- Representing you at the hearing.
In short, we will deal with the Social Security bureaucracy, so that you can focus on taking care of your health and your family.
Whether you are only just considering filing for benefits, or already have filed and been denied, we can provide steady guidance at every step of the application and appeals process.
If you would like to speak with our experienced Jeffersonville disability lawyers about your claim, please call our office at 812-258-9654 or send us an email. We will respond promptly.