Perhaps you were lifting a crate in the warehouse or offloading cargo from a barge and you suffered a serious injury to your back, neck or another part of your body. After reporting the incident to your employer and seeking medical attention, your employer's insurance company will determine whether your injury is covered by workers' compensation insurance.
Even if your initial claim is denied, it's important to secure representation and learn your options for filing an appeal.
How Did Your Work-Related Injury Occur?
At Brizendine Law Office, LLC, we have more than 20 years of experience handling workers' comp claims in Indiana and Kentucky. Regardless of whether you work construction, the trades or in an office environment, we can help you make sense of your options and pursue the treatment, benefits and compensation you are entitled to.
From sprains and strains to serious illnesses and permanent disabilities, workplace injuries vary greatly. As your attorneys, we will determine what caused the accident and build a strong claim that not only secures workers' comp benefits, but if necessary, also holds negligent third parties accountable through a separate lawsuit.
Below are some criteria that may determine whether your injuries qualify for workers' compensation:
- The injury occurred on your employer's property, including the parking lot or while operating a company vehicle off-site
- The injury occurred while you were on a scheduled break on your employer's property
- If another employee or a supervisor contributed to the accident
- If the injury was caused by a repetitive motion
- The injury or illness was caused by exposure to harmful chemicals or materials
- If a heart attack or another congenital injury was caused by the employee's work environment
- If a third party or defective equipment or materials contributed to the accident
In many cases, an injured worker's initial claim is denied for seemingly petty or unjustifiable reasons. By working alongside our team of lawyers and professional staff, you will have the resources and support to appeal the denial and stand up to the insurance company.
Simplifying The Complicated Workers' Compensation Process
When you work with our attorneys, you have an opportunity to ask questions and gather information. Each case we handle presents its own unique challenges; that is why we take the time to get to know you, what you do for a living, the full extent of your injuries and your goals moving forward.
To schedule a consultation at our Jeffersonville law office, call 812-258-9654 or take a moment to complete our online contact form. We represent clients in the Louisville metro and others throughout Kentuckiana.